Importance of spending time with your child
Technology is taking over the world and as parents it is become more imperative that, we spend more time with the kids. We need to engage them in doing the best motor activities which will help them to improve their mental ability. Play offers an ideal opportunity for parents to engage fully with their children. Fun activities allow children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, physical, cognitive and emotional strength. Children should be exposed to a lot of different things while growing up.
Why Fun Activities are Important
Meaningful fun activities are essential in teaching the right ideals. With fun activities, child gets engaged, interact more and thereby becomes more social.
Here is the list of Fun Activities to do with Kids during Weekend:
1. Painting - Colours are always a fascination for children. Art is a great medium for the children to express their imagination. It’s an important part of Brain Development. It’s always exciting to splash some paint on paper, walls, etc.,
2. Paper Craft or Origami - Like Painting papercraft activities allow your children to express imagination and they are useful in enhancing creativity.
Papercraft activities take a lot of time and require passions. So, it’s a good idea to create something interesting yourself first and present it to your child.
3. Reading – Everyone Love Stories. Books present whole new words, develops the brain, build imagination and your child’s vocabulary.
4. Treasure Hunting - Children Love finding things. All of you need to hide chocolate, box or any household things ie., The treasure. Write some interesting clues hide them and star the game. The game aims to find the treasure.
5. Science Museum -Visit your nearby museum with your family to satisfy your inquisitive side. Visiting museum will improve your child’s aesthetic and general knowledge.
6. Visit a Zoo - It’s always fun to see wild animals in the Zoo. This is the kind of activity that is fun and serves all age groups. It’s a great way to have fun and helps to connect with nature.
7. Beach Day - Take children nearest beach. Making sandcastles, take a dip in the water, play games on the beach, cycling, collecting shells are the coolest ideas to spend time with your child. Spending time on the beach is super fun when you are with your family and friends.
8. Cooking - Cooking can help kids develop essential learning and motor skills. Cooking with kids is worth the time and mess. Along with the learning skills like chopping they also learn reading, maths, science, and problem-solving. When kids get involved in the cooking process (Including grocery shopping and tasting the food) they are not just learning an essential life skill, they are also creating meaningful memory with you.
9. Gardening - Children are known to be natural gardeners. Gardening is a fun outdoor activity to share with your kids. Teaching kid’s about gardening also encourages an attitude of conservation and respect of nature. Children are natural explorer who finds joy in the simple pleasures of planting seeds. We can let children water plants, Pluck flowers, fruits, and vegetables.
It’s a well-known fact that kids are like a sponge, they absorb everything they see and hear. So, during this age, it’s highly recommended that we as parents use this time to inculcate good habits and a healthy lifestyle through fun activities. Positive fun activities encourage them to participate more and develop communication and social interaction which is the backbone of the child’s development